Hey Crew. Just some more details about the Fight Gone Bad event.
1. You don’t have to do the fundraising. You can just join our team so that your points count for Crossfit DC’s total. Our other local Crossfit Affiliates are getting ready to put up some awesome numbers so we should try to Represent!
2. When you do become part of our team http://athletes.kintera.org/crossfit07/crossfitdc
Other people can make donations to your name if they want. Even if they don’t know you!
3. The only way your Points for FGB count is if your part of the team on the Site.
4. It would be nice to kick some ass.
5. Primal and Crossfit Challenge are training for this event….we will be too!
6. This Sunday I’m hoping to get a team picture.
7. Steve Opiyo is the Fundraising king right now!
8. At this point our team has raised $1,525.00
9. Let’s have a big team and do this thing up!!!!
Here are the Event details from the site.
Rules of Engagement
The CrossFit workout will be ‘Fight Gone Bad’. In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. This event calls for 3 rounds. The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of ‘rotate,’ the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point. The stations are:
Wall-ball, 8 ft target (Reps)
Deadlift high-pull (Reps)
Box jump (Reps)
To compete in the workout, all participants must complete each of the following:
Register with their local CrossFit Affiliate Center by Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Register with Athletes for a Cure at http://athletes.kintera.org/crossfit07 by Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Raise $150 or more in pledges by 5 p.m. PST on Saturday, September 29, 2007
The participant who raises the most money in pledges (total received must be at least $2000) will receive two roundtrip tickets from Southwest Airlines to anywhere within the US (expires 9/30/2008 and cannot exceed $700 USD).
Each participant who raises $250 or more will receive one (1) ‘Fight Gone Bad’ T-shirt.
Only pledges received by 5 p.m. PST on Saturday, September 29, 2007 will be counted towards this pledge total, although donations will be accepted indefinitely beyond the September 29 th deadline. Pledges in the form of checks will be considered ‘received’ when participants enter the check information in their HQ. Credit card donations are considered ‘received’ when the donations are made online by the donor.
The CrossFit Affiliate Center that scores the highest number of collective ‘Fight Gone Bad’ points will receive a gift certificate worth $5,000 from 2XU ( www.2xu.com) sports performance wear.
Four classes of participants will be scored:
Class A: Standard Men = 75 lb PP and High Pull, 20lb Wall Ball and 20in Box
Class B: Modified Men/Standard Women = 55 lb PP and High Pull, 14lb Wall Ball and 20in Box
Class C: Intermediate = 35 lb PP and High Pull, 8lb Wall Ball and 20in Box (step ups are okay)
Class D: Beginner/Kids = 15lb PP and High Pull, 4lb Wall Ball (can be lowered 2in from standard height) and 10in Box
All classes will count toward the total CrossFit Affiliate Center score.
Our goal is to raise $250,000 in one day, making ‘Fight Gone Bad’ a very important milestone for each man whose fight truly has gone bad.