October 3, 2008
October 8, 2008

*REMINDER*

Saturday (the 11th) Crossfit BWI will be hosting the Mid-Atlantic Hopper Challenge. Russ, Karen, Andrew and Alex (redviking) will be competing, so come out and cheer them on if you’re free! Check out this link for more information regarding the event:

Mid-Atlantic Hopper Challenge

For the main class we played around with the three pressing movements which also comprise 3 of the 9 basic movements in Crossfit. Some people are still not 100% familiar with the differences among the three, so I’m reposting a video of Greg A. performing strict presses, push presses, and push jerks. Watch and learn!!

Workout: In groups of three, complete the circuit 2x for time:

Strict Press – As Many Reps as Possible (AMRAP)
30 Squats
15 Ab-mat Sit-ups

Push Press – AMRAP
20 Squats
20 Sit-ups

Push Jerk – AMRAP
15 Squats
30 Sit-ups

800m Block Run

Post loads to comments.

Skill Work:Kipping Pull-ups

Before ending class we worked on building the kipping pull-up. Those who have their kipping pull-ups were to complete as many reps as possible in a set.

Congratulations to Monica and Sara who got their kipping pull-ups!!

1. CFDC Maiko says:

For the main workout I used 60# for the strict press, push press, and push jerks. Got 10-12-11 the first round and then 10-15-13 the second round. Knocked off 11 kipping pull-ups for that portion of class. Think it’s time to see what my max reps of those are now.

And yay, the soreness in my ass from Thursday seems to have gone away FINALLY.

2. Chris says:

95lbs for the workout with Press/PushPress/PushJerk totals of 15/20/15 (1st Rd) and 12/16/14 (2nd Rd). 25 pull-ups for a finisher – despite Tom’s attempt at jinxing me, I think the kip has finally come together. Now, if only my Dbl Unders would come together like that…

3. Monica says:

yesterday felt very accomplishing, i loved the combination with the run. I used 60 lb for the Press/PP/Push Jerk with round 1 doing 4-14-12 and round 2 doing 2-12-10…it works better when the legs are involved!!

glad to finally get over the bar on the kip, today my shoulders are feeling it!

4. Anonymous says:

HEY! Steve Dumaine will be competing in the Hopper too! Prepare to be dazzled…

5. CFDC Maiko says:

Serious? Yay TubaSteve!!!

Oh oh, gotta agree with Monica on the run, but for me it was because the weather was so perfect (not too cold, not hot). Nice weather = block run not terrifyingly bad for a change.

6. Monica says:

you’re right maiko, it was the weather…only a few more weeks until it gets icy and snowmanlike!!

You guys seem to be praising the run. One day maybe I will aggree that a run is not really bad but not today (although the first one wasn’t too bad it was the second that was a killer). For the workout I used 60# Round 1:10-8-7 Round 2: 5-8-7

I was very excited to get my first kip. Now need to work on stringing them together.