Have you guys taken a look at the CF Affiliate blog entry for today? You really should!!
Tuesday was a max effort day, and by max effort I mean the “max amount of reps possible in a single set”-type of effort. With only a few more classes before the new year scores from this class should prove helpful in creating some new year resolutions. All scores will be posted towards the end of the entry!
Warm-up: 3x thru
5 Dive-bomber push-ups
2 sets of 10 Hollow Rocks
Then some hyperextensions thrown in as well.
Max Effort #1: Kipping Pull-ups
Loosen up your arms and go for your max on the kipping pull-ups. For the new folks in class ring rows was done instead. I can’t move on to the next section without mentioning Sara’s big jump from 1 to 10 consecutive reps within a month’s time! Awesome job Sara!!
Max Effort #2: Bodyweight Back Squats
Do some warm-up sets with lighter weight first, then load the bar so the weight equals your bodyweight and knock as many reps as possible in one set.
Hope you guys aren’t sensitive ’cause I want your loads posted to comments!!
Max Effort #3: Max Amount of Rounds in 7 minutes
If you follow the comments in the blog entries you might have seen the discussion on burpee standards. Tom responding to the comments was a clear sign that burpees would make an appearance in Tuesday’s class, but this was clearly not what we had in mind.
Complete as many rounds as possible in 7 mins of…
5 BABOON BURPEES
What on earth are Baboon Burpees??
1. From a standing position, squat down and kick back into a push-up position.
2. Perform a push-up and kick back into a squat.
3. Get back into a push-up position, perform push-up, kick back into a squat (both hands touching the floor), and perform a squat jump.
3. Land in Squat position, kick back and do a push-up, and perform TWO squat jumps, making sure your hands touch the floor AND go fully overhead each time.
So…first you do a burpee without the jump, then you go right back into the push-up and do a burpee with a jump, then you go right back into the push-up and do a burpee with TWO jumps. Hands must touch the floor at the bottom and reach overhead at the top! Confusing ain’t it? Now what’s worse: Baboon burpees or the Leg Matrix???
Again, post loads to comments for the Back Squats portion.
1. There will be NO CLASS THIS THURSDAY as the gym will be closed for the holiday. Be ready to get right into the swing of things Sunday!
2. There will be a class on New Year’s Day! It’s is tentatively scheduled for 11am Thursday morning. Come celebrate the new year CFDC style!
3. I know there’s something else but I’m drawing a blank…