March 1, 2010
March 5, 2010

15 Min. AMRAP
5 Thrusters
15 pushups
20 situps

Finished with toes to bar practice.

What a great workout. My whole body breaks down with mass quantities of pushups. I worked with Steph and Ewunike. Boy did they make me work hard. I think I left them resting quite a bit and yet we still got 6 full rounds. We worked with 75lbs on the thrusters. Ewunike and I considered using 40kg (88lbs). I am very happy we didn’t

thanks to Salty on his tips for kipping toes to bar, I did my first set strict and got 10 before the grip gave out. After a couple attempts I got the Kip down and got a set of 5. As Ewunike said it kind of feels like cheating but it I definitely feel it today. It’s a little deceiving like GHD situps.

Great to see Chris R back in class as well.

2. Anonymous says:

Thanks, Sara! It was great to be back in class. We will see if my hamstrings think the same tomorrow. C U all on Sunday!

3. Chris R says:

4. Chris R says:

7 full rounds Sara, 7!!! We worked our asses of for those 7 rounds so don’t short ourselves! :-p

That was an ass-kicker, even Tom himself said 15 minutes was a long time, although the sit-ups provided some time for active rest.

It was also great to see such a large showing to class last night. 20 people? Like Sara said, good to see Chris R back and Tom³ back even without Steve there.

Always happens – I start by thinking to myself – “Oh, we’re only going to do one work out? No strength work or two separate WODS? We need more. We’re taking alot of time here setting up. (the internal monologue goes on) Then – bam – into th ework out after th efirst round an dI am thinking shit this is going to be a long fifteen minutes and I am getting enough here thank you.

First of all, welcome back Chris R.! 🙂

Second, I worked out with Tom A. and Henry. I have to thank both of them for pushing me (albeit, gently) into doing 60kg thrusters. I’ve never done them before, and initially I was not confident about doing them. But I am glad that I did it (even though it did wipe me out). One never knows what one is capable of doing until one tries. 🙂

It was a killer — but good — workout.

After class, I did some grip work with Tom A., some weighted pull-ups, some kipping pull-up attempts, some double-under attempts, some handstand push-ups (with the bands for assistance), and lots of stretching.

CFDC’s own ODB…has an app for that.

Tom A – that was great. I loved the comment.

Steph – I’m sorry I really thought we did 6 for some reason. I guess I was just sooooooo tired from all the hard work I lost my mind