And so was Tom: waiting to use everybody’s max pull-up numbers from last Sunday’s workout against them.
For the strength portion, Sunday’s class was challenged to hit a 3 rep max strict press within 5 sets while also working in some structured pull-up work; the catch was that your max pull-up numbers from last Tuesday dictated the manner in which you had to perform the pulls-up in between strict press sets:
So, if you got:
– no pull-ups on Tuesday, you did max ring rows on Sunday;
– less than 10 pull-ups, you attempted max strict pull-ups;
– 11-15 pull-ups, you practiced kipping pull-ups;
– 15-20, you did strict pull-ups with an addl’ 20% body weight;
– 20-30, strict pull-ups with 1/3 body weight;
– over 30, strict pull-ups with 1/2 body weight.
Great work by all. Be sure to check out the CrossFit DC FB group for a recap on the latest installment of the Guerrilla WOD. Also, if you opted on participating in the CFDC Nutritional Challenge, be on the look out for your personalized nutrition suggestions this week. We will pair these with an optional body-fat test and some base-line workouts to use as before and after comparisons (as well as to have on file for the long run). Hope everyone enjoyed the great weather post-class!