3 rounds of
10 Lunge & Twist,
10 Alt-T Push-Up,
10 Supine Scorpion
10min to warm up to working weight
– (suggested prep would be 1 power clean + 1 lunge per leg + 1 push press…basically, 1 rep of the Curtis P.!)
1 -> 5 -> 1 Pyramid of Curtis P. (20min time cap)
– Working in groups of 2 to 3 people, complete a pyramid of Curtis P.’s, going from 1 rep up to 5 reps and then back down to 1 rep.
– – each Curtis P = 1 Power Clean + 1 lunge/leg + S2OH; so in the second round, each person must complete 2 full Curtis P’s, rather than doubling everything (i.e., 1 Clean + 1 lunge/leg + S2OH + 1 Clean + 1 lunge/leg + S2OH; NOT 2 cleans + 2 lunges per leg + 2S2OH); work from 1 up to 5, and then back down to 1.
– – wt options: M=135/115/95/75/55; W=93/78/63/50/35 (last two are with a 15lb bar)
50 T2B; 10 Burpees for every time you break (limit of 5 attempts)
– scale down to 40 K2E (5 burpee penalty, limit of 4 attempts)
– scale down further to 4 x 10 Hanging Knee Raise + 5 V-Ups + 5 Burpees
So going with 115# may have been a little aggressive – the cleans weren’t an issue, lunges were definitely difficult but the S2OH piece started failing on the first round of 4. This was expected and I think pushing it tonight was a good idea but I can’t claim to have finished the workout, really. I already knew that’s likely my worst gap at the moment, though, so I guess I should focus more on that in the open gym time than I have been…
Finished the T2B in 4 rounds 20-10-15-5 (odd pattern there, right?), though, so I’m happy with that!
Welcome to Frank who worked with me and stayed solid through every set, still going touch and go for most rounds!
I still had a cold so only did 35#…which luckily felt light. I modified and used a 15# KB and did my lunges then C&J, as I’m still working on hip strength. Took my knee raises, burpees, and V-ups very slow so I wouldn’t tire myself out too much. Luckily I felt better after class! CF is great for opening up the sinuses. 🙂