Alright gang, registration for CrossFit DC’s 2014 Smackdown is now officially OPEN!
Registration runs from today (Tuesday, Sept. 15th) until 12-Noon, Wednesday, Sept. 24th.
As with last year’s competition, there is an Entry Fee of $5/person (or, $20/team). To make things a little easier on your poor, overworked coaches, we’re asking that the entry fees (cash or check) be collected by one person on the team and then submitted together as a lump sum. In case you’re wondering what the funds are for, half of the entry fees collected will help cover the cost of the new equipment we’ll be debuting at the Smackdown (those of you missing out on the competition, don’t worry – this gear will quickly find its way into our daily programming). The other half will be donated to a charity selected by all of you!
Last year we donated to the Wounded Warrior Project, and we’re more than happy to once again contribute to such an awesome cause. However, this year, we thought we’d let you, the competitors, decide where to direct the donations! We have a short list of potential charities that are near and dear to our hearts that we’d like to suggest:
Of course, this list is not exclusive. If you have a charity that’s near and dear to your heart, rally your gym mates, and let us know. The charity selected by the majority of teams will receive the contributions from this year’s competition. Of course, if you’re wondering how to choose, read on for more details in the registration process.
All set to register? Here’s what you do:
1) Designate a team representative;
2) Have your team representative register the team via the 2014 CrossFit DC Smackdown Registration page. Necessary registration information includes:
- (A) The Team Name;
- (B) Name and Email of the Team representative;
- (C) Names of the other three teammates (please note that the Team representative will be responsible for ensuring that the team has paid, and distributing all communications/updates about the competition!); and,
- (D) The team’s charity selection
3) Have your team representative collect your entry fees to be submitted in person at the gym at your earliest convenience.
Of course, if you still need help finding that missing piece to your team, or want to fill-in as the missing piece on a team, hit up the CrossFit DC Facebook group and sound off! You may also leave your name and e-mail on the white board in the gym, or on either blog post containing this same information. We will do everything in our power to see that everyone who wants to participate gets a chance to.
Still hungry for more info? Well, alrighty then!
CrossFit DC. Lift Smarter, Work Harder, Get Stronger. Proven.