Saturday, 8/1July 31, 2015
Sunday, 8/2August 1, 2015
Double Under Progression (Scale Up = Single-Leg DU)
Back to the ropes, but don’t get it twisted – for those of you with consistent Double Unders already, we’re gonna take a leg away instead of crossing the streams.
Athletes are encouraged work through the following combination of mobility exercises after warming up to help them prepare for this week’s Open Gym progression:
– 2-3min/side Ankle Flexion w/ band distraction
– 2min/side Calf Stretch
Jump Rope Progressions
15-20min practice, start at Step 1, and work as far through the following steps as possible.
If you have consistent Double Unders, you may opt to work on Single-Leg Double Unders instead.
- Step 1 = 60 unbroken single skips
- Step 2 = 60 unbroken single skips (speed-up & slow down every 10 reps)
- //OR// 40 unbroken single-leg single skips, changing legs every 2 reps
- Step 2 = 3-5 single skips + 1 double under
- //OR// 2-3 single-leg single skips + 1 single leg DU (strong side only)
- Step 3 = 2-3 single skips + 1 double under
- //OR// 2-3 single-leg single skips + 1 single leg DU (weak side only)
- Step 4 = 1-2 single skips + 1 double under
- //OR// max reps 1-2 single-leg single skips + 1 single leg DU (alt legs)
- Step 5 = max unbroken double unders
- //OR// max unbroken single-leg DUs (alternate legs after each attempt)*
- * ensure equal number of reps per side with additional unbroken attempts on a side that is short (i.e., less than the other) before alternating again