We’ve worked Cross-Overs, we’ve worked Single-Leg Double Unders, you had to know at some point the Triples were coming to CFDC’s Open Gym programming. Dig in and enjoy!
Athletes are encouraged work through the following combination of mobility exercises after warming up to help them prepare for this week’s Open Gym progression:
– 1-2min/side Hip Flexor Stretch w/ Traction;
– 1-2min/side Death Stretch (aka Couch Stretch)
– 4-5min/side Calf Smash with foam roller /or/ Calf Smash with barbell;
– 2-3min/side Half Kneeling Ankle Flexion w/ band traction.
– – (note that the PVC is on the outside of the foot, and the knee then goes to the outside of the PVC)
20-25min practice, start at Step 1, and work as far through the following steps as possible.
If you have consistent Double Unders, you may opt to work on Triple Unders instead.
Met-Con Challenge: “Annie”
AS Rx’d = 50-40-30-20-10 Double Unders and Ab-Mat Sit-Ups
SCALE DOWN = 100-80-60-40-20 Single Skips & 5 DU Attempts + 50-40-30-20-10 Ab-Mat Sit-Ups
– must attempt 5 Double Unders at the completion of each set of single skips (does not have to be a successful DU, simply an attempt at a DU)
SCALE UP = 21-15-12-9-6 Triple Unders and 50-40-30-20-10 Ab-Mat Sit-Ups
Just want to note that this picture is of *someone* not doing double unders and dominating the single skip portion of the Smackdown because he doesn’t do double unders. I feel some un-motivation happening here!
Hmm. Dray, you make a pretty good case here.
And those really were spectacular single skips!!
Wait. Are triple unders a THING? I thought that was a joke until I read Step 3…
Oh, it’s a real thing alright!
A quick online search will provide you with plenty of discussion and demo’s, as well as a how-to video or two:
Triple Unders from Gymnastics WOD /AND/ Triple Under Progression w/ Carl Paoli and Jami Tikkanen.
There’s also a Hero workout from the main-site which includes triple unders as part of the prescribed movements: “Cameron” .
So, who’s game to give em a try?