Athletes are encouraged work through the following combination of mobility exercises after warming up to help them prepare for this week’s Open Gym progression:
– 1-2min/side Hip Flexor Stretch w/ Traction;
– 1-2min/side Death Stretch (aka Couch Stretch)
– 4-5min/side Calf Smash with foam roller /or/ Calf Smash with barbell;
– 2-3min/side Half Kneeling Ankle Flexion w/ band traction.
– – (note that the PVC is on the outside of the foot, and the knee then goes to the outside of the PVC)
20-25min practice, start at Step 1, and work as far through the following steps as possible.
If you have consistent Double Unders, you may opt to work on Triple Unders instead.
Met-Con Challenge: “Annie”
AS Rx’d = 50-40-30-20-10 Double Unders and Ab-Mat Sit-Ups
SCALE DOWN = 100-80-60-40-20 Single Skips & 5 DU Attempts + 50-40-30-20-10 Ab-Mat Sit-Ups
– must attempt 5 Double Unders at the completion of each set of single skips (does not have to be a successful DU, simply an attempt at a DU)
SCALE UP = 21-15-12-9-6 Triple Unders and 50-40-30-20-10 Ab-Mat Sit-Ups