CrossFit DC vs. #Blizzard2016January 27, 2016
Thursday, 1/28January 27, 2016
REMINDER: Base Camp will only take place at 14th Street this weekend (Saturday, Jan 30);
there will be no Base Camp at H Street (or any classes, for the matter)
due to the CrossFit Football Seminar.
Focus 1: Snatch Balance
Focus 2: Snatch (esp. Hang Squat Snatch)
Focus 3: Overhead Squats
Workout: OHS & Burpee-Box Jump
Let’s try this again, shall we?
Since last week’s Base Camp was rudely cancelled due to the casual ~2′ of snow DC received, we’re going to bring forward last week’s Base Camp program to this weekend. However, as noted above, Base Camp will take place at the 14th Street gym ONLY this week owing to the CrossFit Football Seminar taking place all weekend at H Street.
In case you need a reminder of what last week’s Base Camp was to entail:
Class will include:
- Introduction and practical review of the Snatch Balance movement (inc. Pressing Snatch Balance, Heaving Snatch Balance, and Snatch Balance) using a lightweight bar;
- Follow-up review of the Snatch, focusing primarily on the Hang Squat Snatch, including lifts with just the bar and with added weight;
- Practical review of set-up and execution for the Overhead Squat from racks, including lifts with moderate to heavy weight;
- Explanation of common coaching cues;
- Determining how much weight to use during class (and how to estimate a 1 Rep Max); and,
- Scaling and substitution options for the Base Camp workout of the week, including how and when to choose a scaling/sub option
To review before class, we highly recommend checking out the following descriptions and demo videos from Catalyst Athletics: