Athlete Spotlight: Staci P.May 31, 2016
Thursday, 6/2June 1, 2016
Focus 1: Toes-to-Bar and Kipping Toes-to-Bar
Focus 2: KB Swings & Single Arm KB Swing
Workout: KB Swings, OH KB Lunge, & T2B
How’s this for an explosive day at Base Camp: Toes-to-Bar and KB Swings; Explosive hip power all over the place!
Saturday’s class will include:
- Kipping review, including coverage of the Hollow and Arch positions;
- Fundamental requirements for toes-to-bar (such as proper back engagement, and body position);
- How to apply kipping to the T2B exercise (starting with the kipping knee raise);
- Proper form for learning a single-arm KB Swing, starting with the two handed Russian-style swing;
- Advice on how to choose which swing to use in class, as well as a review of common cues you’re likely to hear from coaches; and,
- how to scale all of the days movements for various class workouts, and when to choose to appropriate scaling/substitution option.
To review before class, we highly recommend checking out the following descriptions and demonstrations on both movements (Toes-to-Bar pages courtesy of GymnasticsWOD; Kettlebell article from Tabata Times):