Wednesday, 6/22June 21, 2016
Thursday, 6/23June 22, 2016
Focus 1: Squat Clean
Focus 2: Thrusters
Focus 3: Cluster (Squat Clean -to- Thruster)
Workout: Clusters and Athletics Burpees
We’ve paid a lot of attention to pulling under our cleans lately, and – no surprise – we’ve done plenty of thrusters over the last few weeks (49 per person to be exact this past Tuesday during our WeAreOrlando workout!). Doesn’t hurt to review efficiency tips for both though, does it? Of course, while we’re at it, why don’t we see what happens when they get combined into one movement = the “cluster,” also known as the squat-clean-thruster.
Specifically, this Saturday’s Base Camp will include:
- Practical review of set-up and execution for a squat clean (including lights with an empty bar, and with added weight);
- Practical review of set-up and execution for a thruster (including lifts with added weight);
- Practical review of set-up and execution for a “cluster” (including lifts weight added weight);
- Determining how much weight to use during class, especially during met-cons; and,
- Scaling and substitution options for the class workout, including how and when to choose a scaling/sub option.