Wednesday, 11/16November 15, 2016
Thursday, 11/17November 16, 2016
Focus 1: Thrusters
Focus 2: Wall Balls
Workout: Wall Balls, Ring-Rows, & Push-Ups
So you’ve figured out Front Squats, and Push Press don’t give you issues? Awesome – what happens when they get combined into one movement? Yup, Base Camp this Saturday is focusing on the oft-disliked Thruster. And while we’re at it, might as well do a review of Wall Balls.
Class will include:
- Practical review of set-up and execution for a thruster (including lifts with just the bar and with added weight);
- Explanation of common coaching cues;
- Determining how much weight to use during class, especially during met-cons;
- Set-up, execution, and weight selection for Wall Balls; and,
- Scaling and substitution options for the class workout, including how and when to choose a scaling/sub option.
To review before class, we highly recommend checking out the following information from the archives of Catalyst Athletics:
- Thruster (Explanation & Demo)