Wednesday, 12/14December 13, 2016
Thursday, 12/15December 14, 2016
Focus 1: Clean (Power Clean vs Clean
Focus 2: Jerk (Power Jerk vs Split Jerk)
Focus 3: Max Effort Clean AND Jerk
Workout: DB Clean + DB Shoulder-to-Overhead
No need to get your eyes checked, this week’s Base Camp IS THE SAME programming as our daily Class!
Usually, we try to avoid overlapping Base Camp with movements from Friday, Saturday or Sunday’s class. However, this week, we couldn’t help ourselves, as it’s the perfect opportunity to really help teach the finer points of both the Clean and Jerk, followed by a chance to put them together to establish a max effort.
In particular, class will focus on the following:
- Practical review of the Clean, including both the Power Clean and the Clean (with a lightweight bar)
- Practical review of the Jerk, including both the Power Jerk and the Split Jerk (with a lightweight bar)
- Practical review of the combined Clean & Jerk;
- Max effort attempt at a Clean & Jerk;
- Translating technique for a barbell Clean into Cleans using Dumbbells; and,
- Scaling and substitution options for the class workout, including how and when to choose a scaling/sub option.
To review before class, we highly recommend checking out the following descriptions and demo videos from Catalyst Athletics: