1. What do you do/like to do outside of the gym?
Sleep. Mostly sleep.
2. What inspired you to start coaching CrossFit?
While working as a personal trainer, the staff would search for workouts to do together and CrossFit workouts frequently popped up. I enjoyed the structure of the workouts and the physical response I received. So, I decided to pursue more information, certifications, seminars…and here I am.
3. Best coaching cue/tip you’ve ever received?
Coach the person, not the movement. I forgot where I heard / read that, but it stayed with me.
4. Favorite movement, skill, or workout to coach and why?
Coaching any “first” never gets old.
Coaching athletes to successfully perform a movement, lift or skill they have been chasing is very rewarding.
5. Favorite memory from coaching at CFDC?
Meeting new people is always exciting. I’m looking forward to learning and growing with the community.